Heart problems are one of the most commonly heard of health conditions. Almost half of the world suffers from heart diseases, making it important to educate the generations to come about the significance of heart health. Heart attacks aren’t just the result of heart problems alone. They can occur due to a number of reasons apart from poor heart health.
The most common talk about heart attacks is about what to do when you have a heart attack. But what’s more important to know is, how do you know it’s a heart attack warning sign.
We often associate heart attack warning signs with chest pain. But, that not the whole story. There’s more to it that everyone must know. So let’s dig deeper into the symptoms of a heart attack.
- Chest pain or discomfort: Since we began with introducing chest pain as the most common symptom, here’s what it feels like. The most common description of chest pain during a cardiac arrest is that your chest feels heavy. Chest pain in women differs from how men experience it. This makes it quite difficult to identify if it is a heart attack warning sign. It may feel like squeezing or heaviness, and the pain can be anywhere in the chest, not just one side in particular.
- Pain in your arms, back, neck, or jaws: This is more common in women than in men. The pain could occur suddenly or gradually and may wax and wane before getting intense. If you’re asleep, there are chances that you may wake up with discomfort.
- Breathlessness and nausea: If you’re having trouble breathing for no particular reason, it could be a symptom of a heart disease, or heart attack warning sign, especially if you have more than one symptom. “It can feel like you’ve run a marathon, but you haven’t made a single move.” Some people also feel nausea as a symptom. It makes the person feel vomitish and heavy in the chest.
- Sweating: Sweating profusely is common while checking for symptoms of heart diseases. It feels like stress-related sweating than perspiration from exercising or hot or humid weather.
- Unusual Fatigue: Do you end up feeling extremely tired, even while relaxing. Patients often complain of a tiredness and find it difficult to do simple activities, like walking from one room to the other.
Now that you know what it could feel like to be suffering a heart attack if you feel even the slightest bit of symptoms, we urge you not to ignore them. Seek medical attention as soon as possible. We at Medisys are prompt in responding to emergency cases and strive to serve our best services to our patients.
About the Hospital:
Medisys Hospitals is a growing super speciality hospital in Hyderabad that represents the vision and mission of a group of highly qualified and experienced veteran medical professionals. Started in June 2016, it is a 200-bedded hospital with all medical and surgical specialties available. We rely on our in-house state-of-the-art diagnostic and therapeutic possibilities to provide high-level care for our patients.